The Vernon Golf and Country Club’s park-like golf course between downtown Vernon, BC and Kalamalka Lake is covered by towering lombardi poplars and weeping willows. Golfers can improve their swing with private or semi-private golf lessons from a CPGA golf professional before playing our Par-72, 6,597-yard championship golf course. Learners, scratch golfers or professionals may warm-up on our practice driving range – from 7:00am to dusk – then play holes with contoured fairways and subtle-breaking greens. Our modern clubhouse has everything that a golfer requires for playing the golf course in style: golf clubs and equipment, golf bags and other accessories as well as golf shoes and clothing. Golfers may recall missed putts and magic shots in our clubhouse’s licensed restaurant/dining room, golfer’s lounge or outdoor patio. Members or guests of the semi-private Vernon Golf and Country Club will enjoy a peaceful round of golf in BC’s beautiful North Okanagan.
‘Inside Five’ Golf Holes
- Okanagan Valley Railroad bisects holes 1,2 and 16-18 from others
- 1st hole - short dogleg, par 4, Vernon Creek bordering right side
- 2nd hole - entire right side out of bounds, fairway narrows as Vernon Creek encroaches on the left from 150 yards
- 16th hole – out-of-bounds left and right, strategically placed tree atop the middle of the fairway, sidehill approach
- 17th hole – difficult par 3, narrow and sloping green
- 18th hole – dramatic left to right tee shot, undulating fairway, Vernon Creek on right, three-tiered green protected by ‘Pete's Pond’ and bunkers